Monday, February 4, 2013

Kitchen Island Leads To So Much More!

Did you ever start one project and it lead to others? Happens all the time, right?


My helpers were visiting last week and I let them pick the color to put on the kitchen island (my plan was to paint over it later in a different color).

Turns out I really like it. I had been thinking something safe, like grey or white. Something that would actually match the kitchen.

And there's the problem.

 It doesn't match. My kitchen is black and white and yellow with pops of red, just like my old kitchen. But this is a different space, so maybe I should take this as a sign to make a change.

 So I lived with it for a few days and decided I liked it well enough to redo the cabinets.


I really like the black and white toile, but I have begun to notice that when you walk into the kitchen, the first thing you notice is the black and white pattern, not the dishes.

 I painted some cardboard pieces and put them on some of the shelves. The dishes became the stars instead of the toile. You actually notice them because the background becomes just that: background.

So, now I have a board that looks like this, to make sure I get the perfect shade, and soon I will be painting...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment