Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Wedding


 
I agreed to help a friend decorate for her son's wedding last week.
I owed her for all the help she gave me for both of my sons' weddings!


The bride's colors were purple and turquoise (popular colors lately), but once she had chosen the colors and her dress, she really didn't care much about anything else. She just wanted to be married!

So, her soon-to-be mother-in-law and I set about collecting things (and storing them in my living room) that we thought might make her happy. (Pinterest was an invaluable help!)


When the day came in July, it turned out to be one of the hottest days of the year! I think it hit 112!

But we were setting up by the river and had a slight breeze, so we carried on!


We set up a photo display of wedding pictures of the bride and groom's parents and grandparents,


and used lots of photos of the young couple as well.

The cake was made by the groom's grandmother, who had also made the cake for his parents'.
We waited until the ceremony was over to set it out, worried about the heat.

We worried about the dessert buffet, as well,

but the beautiful desserts made by family and friends held up pretty well!

The table settings were hydrangeas and candles, no friend of the heat,

so we tried to wait as long as possible before setting them out. We only lost one candle!

But my favorite thing from this wedding was the huge turquoise frame that we hung in a tree for photo ops! It turned out to be great fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment