Saturday, July 5, 2014

Vacation at the Coast

Okay, I know it has been over 2 weeks since I have posted
or even looked at this blog!
Life has been so busy, I guess it just all caught up with me,
and I stopped anything that didn't absolutely need to be done!

After about 4 months of nonstop work and activities, we took a
much-needed family vacation to the coast at Shelter Cove.

It was the perfect place: fairly isolated, 
right across the road from Seal Rock,

and very relaxing, even with 4 little ones!

We had lots of adventures, like throwing rocks into the ocean,

exploring the local lighthouse,

touching the Pacific Ocean for the first time,

watching the seals,

playing in the waves,

 and looking at the beautiful old houses.

On the last day, I took out some jars I brought and 
 the kids filled them with things they had collected,
like black sand and pretty shells.

Add a label to mark the place and date, 
and they have a nice remembrance of the trip!















No comments:

Post a Comment