Monday, June 15, 2015

Family Room Reveal: Before and After

I was perfectly happy with my family room.


I loved the red check curtains,
the cottag-y slipcovers, and my dad's pine trunk.


I loved it even more when I got a new grey couch!
And it looked great with everything that was already in the room.
No need to change anything!

But one day, just for fun, I hung up some grey fabric
to see what it would look like instead of the red checks.

Then I just happened to find this great rug when
I was shopping on vacation.
I wasn't looking for it, it was just there!

Well, one thing always leads to something else,
so I made new slipcovers in a navy ticking
and new pillows to keep a pop of red.
(Plus, I wanted to keep the little red dresser in the corner)


I also brought in an old over-stuffed chair and painted it grey,


traded the heavy, dark trunk for an airy, white table,


and made new pillows for the couch,
including some red-checked ones!






No comments:

Post a Comment