Monday, January 11, 2016

Upcycling a Door Into Something Useful

This project used up a lot of old
useless things I had lieing around:
an old door from a neighbor's remodel,
a crate missing the bottom 
and falling apart, corbals and piece of wood, hooks, drawer pull and a piece
of decorative trim.

Money I have
 invested in this piece: $0!

I put a coat of white paint on everything
then distressed.
I just dry brushed the white over the crate
because I wanted to see the old crate,
but I also wanted it to blend in to become one piece.
To tie in the shelf, I did a grey wash over the stain, then a white wash.

Here it is at Roses and Rust
 Vintage Market. The crate not only stands the door up, it provides a
 useful shelf, in this case for display!

This was a really fun project and I was
able to clean out a lot of items to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment