Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Furniture Project: Antique Headboard

This is another family antique that I have wanted to paint forever!

It was my parents bed for years. That was in the days when couples often slept in just a double bed, not those huge king size things we sleep in now!

It has some really beautiful details!
But it was so big and dark, I didn't have a place for it, so it sat in the shed.

 When I decided to paint my old oak dresser for the new guest room, I thought this would be the perfect headboard, if I painted it to match the dresser.

The pretty details are still there,

but they are a little more noticeable.

It looks really good against the grey wall, and I can use any color bedding and accents that suits my fancy and change it any time I want.

Here are a couple sneak peaks of the new room.




Furniture Feature Fridays

2 comments:

  1. Cadre of producing furniture is really a remarkable scheme of artistic mind.cheap beds with mattress sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic DIY! It will be better if you are going to buy a memory foam mattress from Bedding stock . They have great products.

    ReplyDelete