Friday, September 14, 2012

A Happy Coincidence and a Dining Table

 Serendipity: A happy coincidence; making desirable discoveries by accident; good fortune, luck.

That's what sometimes happens when you are yard saling and thrifting for furniture to remake and sell to others. You stumble across something that is perfect for you.

For several years I have had this dining table:

I never really liked it, but, like so many other things, the price was right, the size was right, and it would serve the purpose until something better came along or we won the lottery.

Well, 15 years later, I made a burlap "slipcover" for it and I was pretty happy with that. 

But after nearly a year, I was getting tired of the burlap table. I had planned to paint the table over the summer, but life got in the way and I never had the time.

A few weeks ago Husband and I went to some yard sales and found this:
I was in business mode and didn't even think of keeping it for myself.

But when we got it home, I took a really good look at it.
Real wood.
Good bones.
With a leaf, longer than the one I already had.

Needs work, but that's kinda what I do...




No comments:

Post a Comment