Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Slipcover a Dining Table??

There is a joke in my family that if it isn't moving, I might just slipcover it! And last fall, I proved them right when I slipcovered my dining table.

I was never really in love with this table, but the price and size were right (isn't that usually the way it goes?). Well, last fall I was seriously considering selling it or painting it when I had a brainstorm. I had just bought some burlap and it was sitting on the table, waiting to be cut for a project.

I quickly cleared off the table and spread out the burlap. The width was perfect. I cut the length to be the same drop as the width. Then I pinned the corners and sewed them up. Couldn't be easier!

I finished it off by adding white seam binding to the edges.

So far, the burlap "slipcover" has been decorated for Thanksgiving

Christmas

Winter

Easter

 Spring

Summer is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment