Thursday, October 4, 2012

Seasonal Decorating: Moving on to the Dining Room

This year I am using a lot of burlap, linen and wool. I like the combination.

For the dining table, I layered a burlap runner with linen ruffles and a cream linen table runner on top.

Then I began to play with different pumpkins, gourds and squash.

 A garland with acorns, fall leaves and pheasant feathers weaves in and around the squashes.

 I added my tall, pear candlesticks that I got on a trip to Gettysburg.

I also added some little elements like a church birdhouse 
and small white rooster doorstop.

In the center I started with a white, square cake stand, added a wreath of dried fall leaves and a  pumpkin-spice candle. I am thinking about replacing this with a pumpkin filled with mums.

On the Welsh dresser in the background, I changed the candles and added squash and gourds to a white bowl, plus some faux pears and acorns. I may add a banner.

On the shelf above stand 2 small pewter Pilgrims and seeds from Plymouth Plantation.

I still have some more areas to decorate, entry and small tables.
Autumn is definitely  my favorite season.http://livingacottagelife.blogspot.com/2012/10/decorating-is-in-details-fall-mantle.html

No comments:

Post a Comment