Monday, October 29, 2012

Painted Kitchen Countertops: Take 3

OK. It's been about 5 months since I first painted my kitchen counter tops with Rustoleum Countertop Paint.

Now that I have lived with it for 5 months, I think it's a hit.


It hasn't chipped or peeled.

It has held up to spilled coffee, jam or anything else Husband and Grandkids could dish out.

I can scrub it all I want and it still looks good.

I decided to use beadboard for the backsplash and I like that much better. It's funny how a small thing like white paint can brighten up a space, even when it covers a relatively light color like yellow.

At the same time, we also replaced the kitchen faucet and an old recessed light.

The old faucet, besides being incredibly ugly, broke just one too many times, so we finally replaced it


You can read here how easy it was to change a recessed light into a pendant.

With all these little changes, the kitchen is close to being finished, at least as far as the short-range plan goes for this House with Potential!

2 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is adorable; me, too, on adding the beadboard--that looks fabulous! I'm now really considering painting my old countertops too; thanks for posting about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you decide to paint, just make sure you give it enough time to cure. I think the can says 3 days and that seems to be about right.

      Delete