Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fall Decorating From September to November

When I am decorating for Fall in September, I don't like to overdo it. The weather is still warm here and it seems a long time 'till Thanksgiving, so I just do a little, a base, if you will, for what will come later.

The mantel was pretty well set, I just added a banner.

"Bountiful"
That is how I think about God's provision for us: more than we need or can even imagine!

I also added a blue bowl full of small pumpkins, dried artichokes and pomegranates.
( Really, it's full of newspaper, topped with moss and then filled with the "pretties"!)
Behind is a grain scoop and dried corn.

Here you can see the room in full, with candles and berries added to the coffee table.

Moving into the dining room, I punched up the centerpiece.
I left the burlap table runner, but added the tall pear candlesticks.

I used an old toolbox I picked up this summer, and filled it with the usual suspects: small pumpkins, dried artichokes, dried pomegranates, acorns and berries.

It looks beautiful!

And don't forget the little details:

Rustic touches: candle holder made from wooden sap holder, berries and
 linen embroidered with "Count your blessings".

Stories about our Pilgrim founders.

 Speaking of Pilgrims: these little silver ones came from Plymouth Plantation.

This angel's sign says to "Give Thanks".

And, of course, lots of pillows

 that remind us to give thanks in all things

 with a grateful heart!

Happy Thanksgiving!

And always, lots of pillows!


No comments:

Post a Comment