Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Furniture Project: Slipcovered Chair

I found this chair at a thrift shop and it has sat in my living room with various fabric pieces draped over it for almost a year. I considered slipcovering, upholstering, even painting the fabric.

I finally got around to making a decision,

and once I did, it only took a few hours to complete the project!

I decided to use another dropcloth to slipcover the chair and paint the wood white.

I wanted the pretty carved wood to show, so I made little strips to hold the pieces together.


This is the back, it's a little hard to see through the sign, but it's the only one I had.
I made sure all the pieces would fit tightly, like I do with a regular slipcover, and just sewed the strips every few inches on both sides.

Once I figured it out, it went together very quickly!



Furniture Feature Fridays

4 comments:

  1. How cute, I love the little straps holding it together. I have a chair almost exactly like this one that I was planning on reupholstering, but now after seeing your slip, I may have to rethink my decision. Great job. Alaina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaina,
    What a great job on this slipcover. That chair is now so adorable.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. St Barts’ luxe bohemian lifestyle stores are offering our customers high quality Vintage Industrial Furniture, Hamptons Furniture ,which are highly appreciated by our customers.

    ReplyDelete