Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Repurposed: Old Phone Booth into Pantry Door

These are my old pantry doors, at the end of the counter on the right.
They're okay, they match the cupboards and blend in very nicely,
 but they're nothing to write home about.

So when Husband brought home three doors from an old phone booth,
I thought, why not try one of those to add some interest?
The width was perfect, like it was meant to be.
The height was a little short, so we added a board to the bottom and voila!

I chose a door that didn't have glass in it and we added some very thin plywood to make chalkboards

I painted it to match my "new" kitchen island, which I love!

A basket underneath holds trays.


After living with it a few weeks,

I decided to lighten it up with some dry-brushed white paint.
I like the lighter look!



Furniture Feature Fridays

1 comment:

  1. Casey, I love it - small change - big impact - what happened to the red table - did you paint it?

    ReplyDelete