Sunday, August 19, 2012

Decorating is in the Details: A New Summer Mantle

By the time the 4th of July was over, I was growing tired of my red, white and blue mantle decor,
and longing for something simpler and softer.

So I packed up Lady Liberty and Uncle Sam for another year and started looking around the house for inspiration. I wanted soft, neutral, beachy...something cooler for these hot August days.
I started with some shells the kids had gathered from the beaches of Washington when we lived there. That was a good start. What else did I have that fit my criteria?
How about some white squash from the garden?
A white pitcher... white birdhouses...
and other odds and ends.
Plus a new summer banner.
Put it all together and it is just what I was looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment