Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas! Final Phase

Finally! I am in the home stretch with Christmas decorating!

The dining room is between the living and family rooms, so it serves as a more neutral zone
between a dominantly red living room and blue family room.
I try to remember that when decorating for a particular season, as well.
I really wanted to use this red and white quilt on the table,
 but I covered it with a square, white table cover to tone down the red. 

This goose came from Lancaster County many years ago and all he needs is a red and green ribbon.

On the Welsh dresser behind the table, I wanted to do something a little different.

I started with a giant pear and this wreath I just love, sitting on a cake stand.
I put a few more pears on the shelves, and it gave me an idea.
I added 2 "turtle doves" to one shelf,

 then opened a 12 Days of Christmas pop-up book to the 5 Golden Rings page.

I am going to try to add more 12 Days of Christmas items whenever I can find any.

I added garland and paper angels to the light.

Around the house, I added some greenery and miscellaneous decorations:



That's it, I'm done!



No comments:

Post a Comment