Friday, December 14, 2012

Family Recipes: Avacado Egg Salad

When I first saw this recipe, over 25 years ago, I wasn't sure I would like it.
Avocado and eggs?

But I needed a Christmas appetizer and the picture with the recipe showed it 
served in little cherry tomatoes, and it looked really cute!

So I tried it.

It has become one of my most requested recipes!

Here's basically what you need:
Avocados, eggs, cherry tomatoes.

Chop 3 hard boiled eggs.

Smash 2 avocados in a bowl.

Mix the egg with the avocado, add garlic salt, Italian spices, chopped green onion,
1 Tbsp mayonnaise and 2 tsp lemon juice.

To serve in cherry tomatoes, cut off the top of the tomato, scoop out the inside
(using a quarter teaspoon works best) and scoop in the avacado mixture.

It is delicious as a dip or spread on crackers.
I have also served it as a wrap or sandwich, just add lettuce and tomato!

No comments:

Post a Comment