Saturday, September 21, 2013

Early Fall Mantel

I usually look forward to doing a fall mantel, but this year I just wasn't ready to take down my summer one.

I really love it!

But we are having a "gathering" here this weekend, so I thought I would go ahead and put up at least some fall decorations. I think I need to move that turquoise frame!

I kept the old window but changed the blue tin piece for a green one.


Kept the old fleur-de-lis finials but added a little church and acorn garlands.

Love this old tattered suitcase!


Instead of flowers, I added wheat to my white pitcher.

Little details.

The whole enchilada (minus the giant frame!).

The other side of the room, which is the entrance.

Just some tarnished silver and sprig of fall berries added to the pear candlesticks.

In the dining room, I just added a burlap runner and white cyclamen

plus a "thankful" banner.

 I thought it looked a little bare,

so I added some paper leaves.
Now it will do until Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment