Friday, May 11, 2012

Decorating Snippets

I had my camera out the other day and decided to snap some more pictures of some of my favorite vignettes.

This little church birdhouse was a gift when my children were little. It sits on a blue journal that was written by my great-grandmother about 100 years ago. The little silver tins also belonged to her. Her name was Lottie Gathing Baldwin, widowed and lost her only son in the same year, raised her 2 daughters alone in Texas, then moved west with her youngest daughter (my grandmother) and son-in-law during the Depression. 

 My oldest friend, Bonnie, gave me this picture several years ago. She and I have been friends since we were 10 years old (never mind how many years ago that was!). The little marble-top table was my dad's and the pitcher, a gift from my husband.

 My stepmother brought me this pitcher from Ireland many years ago. It was made by monks at a monastary that has been in existence for hundreds of years, making this pottery the same way, from the same clay, for all those years.

 The angle is kind of funny because this is a corner, but I love this painting. It belonged to my dad, as did the little outfits hanging below. They were made by my grandmother in the 1930's.

The bottom of this little tea cart holds some of my quilts. The rooster is one I found at a shop in Chico, Ca; my granddaughter loves to place her little stuffed bear on it and push it around the house.

What are some special pieces you decorate your space with? I would love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment