Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mother's Day Lunch

On Mother's Day, we usually all gather at my house and my husband and children make lunch while I play with the grandkids. This year I made my kids a deal: I would cook if they finished putting the roof on my patio. 

They took the deal!

 Tablescape: an English Country look
These English Garden dishes came from the Dollar Store many years ago!

The menu:
Fruit Salad Dip with Cinnamon Chips
Pepper Cheese Spread with various Crackers
Chicken in a Creamy Artichoke and Mushroom Sauce
Spinach Salad with Berries
Sourdough Bread
Brownie Cheesecake







Unfortunately, it was a very hot day and someone had to be on the roof of the patio. They decided it should be the smallest one (Daughter), while the 2 big ones would hand up the heavy 4'x8' sections and get them into place.

They finished the roof just as lunch was ready and it is beautiful!

Next project: stylin' the patio!

No comments:

Post a Comment