Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A "New" Back Porch for Mother's Day


As you may, or may not, recall, I made my kids a deal: I would make lunch for Mother's Day if they would put the roof panels on my back porch.We have very hot summers here and I wanted the shade, as well as a covered space to keep the rain off in winters.

It's not finished yet, but it is certainly more comfortable and on its way!
This little farm table has been in the garage for several years and finally has a home.
There wasn't a place for these chairs in this new house, so they have been keeping the table company.

I made little "sundresses" for the chairs. Now they are well- dressed for the summer.

This is the far end of the patio. I plan to make curtains to surround the fountain, while still letting in a little of the foliage. It's also a good place to store pots.
Husband brought this birdcage home one day from a yardsale, proud of his $10 bargain. He was really proud of himself when we ran across one a couple years later in Napa, selling for $200.
Lots of pots with lots of flowers!
I especially love lavender.

I also like to add lots of accessories, just like indoors.
This little painted chair says "Bloom where you are planted". I painted it many years ago for my old craft room, works well out here.
Croquet balls fill an old metal planter.
A detail from an old building in Southern California.
Garden Angel made from old chair parts and finial.
View from the other side. French doors lead into the family room.
Looking out to the yard (so much work to be done!)
Someone gave me this little dresser a few weeks ago and I didn't really know what to do with it, so it sits here for now until I figure it out. Also, the storage comes in handy out here.
My favorite little helpers, they especially love to water everything!

I still want to paint the cement in a checkerboard pattern, paint the walls gray, make curtains for the posts, add lights and ceiling fans...but it's a nice spot to sit in the morning, or have lunch, or read a book...

No comments:

Post a Comment