Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Slipcover a Wing Chair With A Dropcloth

This old wing chair used to sit in Husband's office, but a couple years ago we downsized not only our home, but our business as well.
He brought the chair home and placed it in the family room, saying it was the only chair he could be comfortable in. 

OK, then, I better find a way to make it fit in and look good!

I spent some time playing with different fabrics, but I was not happy with any of them.

I already had a couch

 and a chair in the room slipcovered in solid white or off-white,
 so I wanted something a little different, but not too different.

I wanted to use a ticking stripe, but I had just done the rocking chair in this stripe and I didn't want it to compete.

So this is what I decided on:
a drop cloth with a painted stripe down the center.



That is sooo much better!



Next week I will write up a tutorial with the many, many pictures
 I took to go with it!




1 comment:

  1. Visiting from Blue Egg's linky party - I LOVE this idea! Will check out the tutorial :) You did a wonderful job and I'm sure you're husband is grateful not to have to part with his favorite chair!

    ReplyDelete