Monday, January 28, 2013

That Old House: A Walk Down Memory Lane

 I was looking through the pictures on my computer the other day and came across a file labeled "Old House", so of course I opened it, even though it wasn't at all what I was looking for. We sold that house 3 1/2 years ago, and I had almost forgotten what it looked like.

So this week I am taking a walk down Memory Lane.

I loved the kitchen in this house!
There was so much space and that huge island was great to work on. I miss that!


But I need to remind myself that the kitchen looked nothing like this when we moved in. There was no island, nor was the pantry/open shelves on that back wall. It was just a big space with ugly wood cabinets and really ugly old laminate countertops and vinyl floor. It took time and work to get it like this!

Here's a shot of my bedroom. It wasn't that large, but my room now is so small that I can't use the footboard of my four-poster bed. However, that gives me a good opportunity to do something I have wanted to do for a long time, make a new headboard from a door.

I loved this hall bath, too. It all started with some black and white toile boxes my daughter gave me.
Next came the toile shower curtain and the other black and white accessories. The walls are covered with paintable wallpaper that looks like old tiles. I am thinking of using this wallpaper on the kitchen ceiling and make it look like a tin ceiling.


When my oldest son moved out, I made myself a little office/library with robin's egg blue on the walls and so many favorite things in one place!

hmmm, I seem to have a lot of pictures of this room.

I really, really liked it!

I painted my bedroom in this house the same robin's egg blue.

And all these favorite things are still here, just in different places, so I can still enjoy them!

 












No comments:

Post a Comment