Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Decorating is in the Details: Homemade Art

Sometimes I like to make my own art and make it personal.
 so I thought that I would show you a few of those things today.

Calendar pages are great to frame and use for art, especially in kid's rooms.

To "frame" these fairy pictures for my granddaughter's room, I used some scrap pieces of beadboard cut a few inches bigger than the picture, then just glued it on. (One of these days I am going to add some small trim around the edges.)

How about framing gift wrap?
This was gift wrap I bought at a quilt show years ago, a copy of a sampler from the 19th century. I can't tell you how many people have asked me how old it is, because they can't tell it's just paper!

Signs are something else that are pretty easy to make.
Choose a verse or quote that is meaningful to you.

These are made with luggage tags. See the how-to here.
The frame for this one is just an old cabinet door.

Make it personal by adding your own photos and mementos.

Last, try a shadow box. Get one at Michael's, cover the back with fabric or paper, and attach things with strong thread or dental floss. In this one, I used some items that belonged to my grandmother.



http://www.primpjunktion.com/2013/04/primp-your-stuff-wednesday-linky-party_



1 comment:

  1. Very creative use of the luggage tags on the cabinet door. I love to use those tags in art projects. I may have to "borrow" this one. :>)

    ReplyDelete